At the conclusion of this Workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe how global services, modifiers, bundling, and coverage impact cardiothoracic surgery coding;
- Identify new CPT and ICD-10-CM codes and payment polices affecting adult cardiac, general thoracic, congenital heart, and vascular surgery coding for 2018;
- Describe the common coding issues for each discipline and understand how to report these services to payers;
- Identify relevant coding issues and regulations for critical care, as well as for E&M; and
- Recognize the changes to the MIPS program and create a plan to prepare for 2018.